Apple is in love with single piece aluminum bodies, even going as far as purchasing an aluminum manufacturer to refine the process. It makes sense then to buy a case made out of the very same material. Drawcase is a small company located in the UK that produces great looking, albeit a bit heavy, aluminum cases machined from blocks of 6061 aluminum, commonly used for home-built aircraft, which are then anodized in 4 striking colors or kept naked. Finally, the Draw logo, or your own custom logo, is laser engraved onto the front cover. The whole ordeal is kept tightly closed with the power of magnets (how do they work?). Currently, they are only available for the original iPad, but Drawcase is working on an iPad 2 model.
- Tough, durable crush resistant full aluminium hard case designed for Apple iPad.
- iPad is fully enclosed and protected with lid closed.
- Access to the iPad dock connector port, headphone jack, on/off, volume, and home buttons with the lid removed.
- Laser etched Draw logo on the aluminuium casing and on the internal foam.
- Available in a range of anodised colours.
- Custom laser etched logo options available.
The Drawcase is machined from a block of 6061 aluminium, then surface treated in a range of coloured anodised finishes. The lid is kept tightly closed by magnets and contains a protective foam layer inside. Keep your iPad safe and well protected from crushing and impact forces.
The magnetic closure is a simple and effective way of keeping the lid on. To open, just pull the lid from the base at one of the openings found at each end.